Sunday, April 15, 2007

Church in India


Our first day in India was a Sunday. I really wanted to see what a Latter-day Saint service was like in India so I attended a church meeting with Shalini, our friend from the Sage India office. This is one of the two LDS branches in New Delhi. We actually didn't enter this building for church, though. As soon as we arrived, we learned that we had picked the Sunday of district conference to attend church. So we climbed back in the car and drove to the nearby Hyatt hotel and attended district conference there. The keynote speaker was a member of the Seventh Quorum of the Seventy. The meeting looked and felt much like a stake conference in America only there were dozens of Indians in attendance. I will never forget singing "I Believe in Christ" with the congregation as I stood next to Shalini, a Hindu woman.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow.. that must have been awesome.