Sunday, April 15, 2007

Scott's Time at the Taj Mahal



I never dreamed I would stand in front of the Taj Mahal. This picture was taken March 2 on my last day in India. I went to India on a business trip for my employer, Sage Publications. I attended with my boss, Steve, and a coworker, Troy. During the 9-day trip, we made stops in New Delhi, Chennai, Goa, and here in Agra, home of the Taj Mahal. I can truly say that the Taj is worth the 3-hour drive (and a LONG drive at that) from Delhi. The building is extraordinary and incredibly detailed. I will not soon forget how it felt to step inside the front entrance of the Taj and feel the cool air and calming influence inside. The Taj was built by a ruler in the 1600s to house the remains of his beloved wife. Inside, the building gives off a near-sacred feeling.

No comments: