Sunday, April 15, 2007

Driving at Your Own Risk

Driving in India is hazardous to one's health. And it's especially bad in a large metropolis such as New Delhi. No kidding. India does not enforce traffic laws and driving is accomplished through using the horn. Trucks like this one here all have a sign such as "Sound Horn" or "Use Your Horn Please." And the drivers are serious. To get around, a driver honks. When cars approach you, you honk. When you want something, you honk. When you have no other reason to honk, you honk. My head throbbed after spending hours in the car. And no, I didn't drive a car in Delhi. Are you kidding?

3 comments:

Davis' said...

Scott-I love all your posts about India. This one in particular made me laugh. What an awesome experience you must have had, even though it was mainly for work. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

ok.. note to self.. don't go to india if u want peace and quiet..

ooh that reminds me of a bumper sticker i saw : "Honk if you love peace and quiet!"

Vanessa said...

So do you honk
i like what cassie said! my dad would hate it there.